The removal of a sample of liver tissue by a needle.
- You may be placed on a special diet.
- Return to normal activity as tolerated. DO NOT lift more than 20 pounds for three (3) days or participate in strenuous activity (aerobic dancing, jogging, cutting wood).
- Shower or tub bath allowed.
Contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Fever of 101 degrees F or above.
- Pain not relieved by medicine ordered by doctor.
- Bleeding or drainage from puncture site that saturates more than one band-aid/dressing.
- An increase in redness and swelling at puncture site if more than when discharged from hospital.
- Shortness of breath within 24 hours.
- Cool, moist skin or pale color skin.
- Weakness or fainting, not relieved by rest.
If unable to contact your doctor and feel you have an emergency, go the Emergency Department.