The drainage or removal of a cyst near the rectum.
- You may be placed on a special diet.
- Anesthesia may affect your mental and physical abilities. For the next 24 hours:
- Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery.
- Do not make any business decisions.
- Do not be alone or drink alcohol.
- Return to normal activity slowly within the next 2-3 days.
- Leave packing in place for 24-36 hours.
- After removal of packing you will be told to either
- Take sitz baths OR
- Place a Betadine soaked gauze into wound and then a dry gauze dressing over this for drainage.
- If a large amount of drainage or bleeding occurs, apply dry gauze dressing to would and sit on wound.
Contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Fever of 101 degrees F or above.
- Pain not relieved by pain medicine ordered by doctor.
- Bleeding or drainage that saturates three (3) dressings in 24 hours.
- Increase in redness and swelling at incision site if more than when discharged from hospital.
If unable to contact your doctor and feel you have an emergency, go the Emergency Department.