Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
Examination of gall bladder and biliary tree by means of fiber optic instrument in x-ray.
- You may be placed on a special diet.
- A sore throat is common and may be treated with throat lozenges or wam salt water gargle as needed.
- Sedation used during the procedure may affect mental and physical abilities for the next 12 hours:
- Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery.
- Do not make any business decisions.
- Do not be alone.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Return to full activity, including work, the following day.
Contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Fever of 101 degrees F or above.
- Excessive pain
- Vomiting or passage of blood.
- The IV site becomes reddened, swollen and painful and lasts longer than 48 hours.
If unable to contact your doctor and feel you have an emergency, go the Emergency Department.