The widening of the cervix and the scraping of the uterus.
- You may be placed on a special diet.
- Anesthesia may affect your mental and physical abilities. For the next 24 hours:
- Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery.
- Do not make any business decisions.
- Do not be alone or drink alcohol.
- Return to normal activity as tolerated. NO strenuous activity or exercise (lifting over 20 pounds, playing ball, swimming, riding bicycle, jogging) until bleeding stops.
- Do not douche, use a tampon or engage in sex for 2-3 weeks.
Contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Fever of 101 degrees F or above.
- Pained not relieved by pain medicine ordered by doctor.
- Bleeding or vaginal discharge that saturates more than three perineal pads in 24 hours.
If unable to contact your doctor and feel you have an emergency, go the Emergency Department.