The Mammography Place
175 Tryon Road
Rutherfordton, NC 28139
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Digital Mammography is Rutherford Regional's new ally in the fight against breast cancer. It allows the radiologist to view the x-ray image more closely zeroing in on suspicious or concerning areas. Not only does digital mammography provide better images of the breast, it reduces the amount of radiation needed for quality images.
The radiologist can view and manipulate the images on high-resolution computer monitors that enhance visualization of the structures within the breast tissue. They can also adjust brightness and contrast, and zoom in on specific areas to help detect small calcifications, masses, and other changes that may be signs of early cancer.
The Mammography Place and its technologists are fully accredited and certified by the American College of Radiology to provide the highest quality screening mammography services to the women of Rutherford County and surrounding area.
Our mammograms are interpreted by the physicians of Rutherford Radiological Associates. All of these physicians are certified by the American Board of Radiology and they have a combined total of over 40 years of experience in interpretation of mammograms and other breast imaging procedures. The physicians also participate regularly in professional seminars and other forms of continuing education to provide a high standard of breast imaging.
The American Cancer Society has developed and adopted the following guidelines for the detection of breast cancer in women without symptoms:
- Women 20 years and older should perform breast self-examination monthly.
- Women between 20 and 40 years should have a physical examination of their breasts every three years.
- Women between the ages of 35 and 40 years should have a baseline mammogram.
- Women 40 or over should have annual screening mammograms.
Care you deserve with people you trust...
- Behavioral Health
- The Birth Place
- The Breast Care Program at Rutherford Regional
- Cancer Resource Center
- Support Groups and Programs
- Pink Ladies Support Group
- What Our Patients Say
- Other Resources & Information
- Emergency Care
- Family Care
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
- Inpatient Services
- Joint Solution
- Laboratory Services
- Occupational Medicine
- Outpatient and Surgery Center
- Heartburn Treatment Center
- Support Services
- Women's Services