The cutting or searing of the uterine tubes.
- You may be placed on a special diet.
- Anesthesia may affect your mental and physical abilities for the next 24 hours.
- Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery.
- Do not make any business decisions.
- Do not be alone or drink alcohol.
- After 24 hours return to normal activity except restrict any activity that increase abdominal pain.
- Walk 10 minutes at least four (4) times a day.
- May remove dressing after 24 hours and shower.
- NO tub bath for 24 hours.
Call your doctor if you have any questions or if any of the following occur within 72 hours (3 days) of leaving the hospital:
- Fever of 101 degrees F or above.
- Pain not relieved by pain medicine ordered by doctor.
- Bleeding that saturates more than three (3) perineal pads a day.
- An increase in redness and swelling at incision if more than when discharged from hospital.
If unable to contact your doctor and feel you have an emergency, go the Emergency Department.