Examination of the bronchi (air passages of the lungs) through a bronchoscope (flexible tube).
- You may be placed on a special diet.
- Sedation (medicine) used during the procedure may affect your mental and physical abilities. For the next 24 hours:
- Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery.
- Do not make any business decisions.
- Return to full activity, including work, the following day.
Contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Fever of 101 degrees F or above.
- Increased shortness of breath.
- Increased blood in your sputum, greater than two (2) tablespoons in two (2) hours.
If unable to contact your doctor and feel you have an emergency, go the Emergency Department.