Whether you require inpatient or outpatient surgical services, Rutherford Regional Health System (RRHS) is able to provide high quality care from our experienced and skilled staff.
To find your RRHS surgeon, call 800.424.DOCS.
Our Surgical Specialties
- General Surgery
- Interventional Cardiology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Podiatry (Foot Care)
Other outpatient services we provide:
- Pre- and Post-procedure care for outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization and endoscopy:
- Surgery/procedure instruction and preparation, including patient interview, clinical evaluation and testing (blood work, EKG, X-ray).
- During cardiac catheterization (cardiac cath or heart cath), we insert a thin, hollow tube into a blood vessel that leads to your heart and examine your heart muscle, valves or coronary arteries for disease.
- During capsule endoscopy, you swallow a capsule that takes pictures down through your gastrointestinal (GI) tract. This aids diagnosis of chronic anemia and occult GI bleeding. Other GI procedures include: treating ulcers, esophageal strictures and swollen veins; removal of lower GI polyps and biopsy.
- Administration of IV fluids and medicine, blood transfusion and special lab testing.
- Esophageal motility and ph studies to help diagnose and treat esophageal disorders and associated gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
What to expect at our surgery center
The Outpatient and Surgery Center serves 4,000 monthly patients from Rutherford and surrounding counties, offering a wide range of outpatient medical services, including same-day surgery. Our 50,000-square-foot facility features 18 private patient rooms, 5 operating rooms and a comfortable waiting area for your family during your procedure.
Full list of surgical procedures